Cinnamon Streusel Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold butter
Streusel: In small bowl, stir together sugar, flour and cinnamon. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until in coarse crumbs; set aside.
In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in vanilla. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of buttermilk.
Scrape half of the batter into parchment paper–lined 9- x 5-inch (2 L) loaf pan. Top with half of the streusel. Scrape remaining batter over top; sprinkle with remaining streusel.
Bake in 325ºF (160ºC) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 65 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack; let cool completely.