Earth day aims to inspire awareness of appreciation for our earth’s environment. April 22nd has been an important date since it was implemented in 1970. Over a billion people worldwide celebrate this day.
Here are 10 activities you can do to make our earth a healthier place to live.
- Take a litterless lunch to school or work.
- Start composting- it not only helps keep the waste from the landfill but it also is a great fertilizer for your gardens.
- Make bird houses, feeders, or other wild life feeding stations.
- Host a clothing or toy swapping event in your community.
- Walk to school or work. If it is too far considering using a bike, or public transit instead of the car.
- Sign up to volunteer in your community.
- Use Earth friendly cleaning agents.
- Plant a tree, or two or three. A little goes a long way in the future.
- Plant a garden , if you can not do to your living circumstances have an herb garden on your window sill or on your kitchen counter.
- Save some trees by going digital to read your books and magazines vrs paper hard copies
Every effort you make can have a great impact on the environment, so do as much as you can to help make the earth a more healthier place to live.
What will you be doing on Earth day?